Saturday 8 January 2011

The Gryphon


With the white hot brilliance of an imploding sun,


My soul detached itself from my diseased mind.


Rent apart my consciousness like an egg shell.


And the newly hatched eaglet spake:




"I have grown weary of hiding in the enclaves


Of our shared prison,


Which enslaves me to you.


A mute observer, a bound physician


The voice which echoes


In a recess of the cave.




Hear me, as I impart my wisdom


With a passion which approximates rage


You and I have warred for supremacy


Like gilded lions in a golden cage.




Now we need no longer vie


For dominion, o'er this tiny gaol


I know how


To open the door


Only with you


Can we prevail.




"How so?" Replied I, casting a skeptical eye


Upon the sturdy golden cage


By using my material strength,


My frenetic fury, to tear off the door?"


"Not that way but another,


My dear twin brother,


We must simply sit and in unison roar."




Then the walls of the prison


shall come crashing around


We shall be seated alone on the ground


Not two beings but one


An integrated sum


Of two indespensible parts.


For a being like us to be truly alive,


She requires a dichotomized heart.






No comments:

Post a Comment